Top of the morning to you, BusiChic!
By the time that you’re reading this, I’ll be out scouting for some well-dressed blokes to feature on the blog; it’s been a while since I’ve featured one hasn’t it!? Do click here to browse through: the gents of BusiChic!
When faced with a new week of work, it’s handy to have a simple outfit on hand that you know will work (pardon the pun!). Today’s BusiChic’s office ensemble consists of a range of classic pieces that form the foundation of such a work wardrobe. Take a closer look to see all of the details in each of these pieces that make her work ensemble, joyful.
Today’s BusiChic is a great example of classic trench coat + pencil skirt + blouse + opaques + flat black shoes + work bag.
Get a similar look with these items:
- trench coat: I’m having trouble tracking down a lightweight trench as worn above (have you spotted one in your shopping?) but for a similar look, opt for a coat or even a blazer style!
- pussy bow blouse: Go plain in black or with this detachable option or go all the way and try a bold stripe or demure floral print.
- ruffle skirt: I like this peplum skirt for a similar but slightly more dramatic look.
- red bag: how about this stylish laptop bag?
- shoes: “sensible” heel Tory Burch or go flat with DvF!
A subtle hair accessory is a cute way of adding some preppy chic to one’s workwear without looking too trite. Try these wool bows as an alternative to the floral headband option that can easily be found at your local chemist