The look: Shu Uemura’s “Parisian Chic” make-up look at the David Jones Spring/Summer 2013/14 runway.
Why it’s business chic: As someone who tries to create a natural look for the office teamed with eyeliner, I loved the “Parisian Chic” look that Shu Uemura’s International Artistic Director, Mr Kakuyasu Uchiide created for the David Jones show.
Bonus: Prices for Shu Uemura at David Jones have dropped across the range, by as much as 40%
Extra win: I’ve had my make up done at LOTS of different beauty counters over the years and this was the first time that I didn’t run to the closes bathroom to “fix it”. The customer service was attentive, respectful and informative and I honestly cannot wait to book in another makeover for future events.
Products that make my wishlist:
- Shu uemura Ultime8 Cleansing Oil – I confess, I’ve been buying my shu uemura from an online retailer. But now with the price cut, a lot of the product pricing is on par and in a number of cases – cheaper. A really great thing is now I can get products chosen for me individually, rather than trying to read a whole lot of product reviews online. Jenny recommended that I use this cleansing oil – even though I’ve had great results with all of the oils I’ve tried, this one comes with extra benefits to help my skin.
- Shu uemura Depsea Hydrability Lotion Enrich : to replace the scrubs I’ve been using on my face that has led to my face getting rather oily. I like how this product gently removed dead skin and left my skin feeling nice and hydrated.
- Shu uemura Tsuya Skin Essence B - MIRACLE SKIN PRODUCT ALERT! Wowsers, you know how skincare products make promises? I’ve never really seen the benefits delivered as quickly as with this product. My skin looked clearer, was more supple and smooth.
- Lipstick - shu uemura Rouge Unlimited Supreme Matte BG931- I’ve been using this nude as a creme blush as well. The texture is unlike any other matte lippy I’ve worn before. Rather than feeling drying, this formula feels moisturising. I’m looking forward to going back for Jenny to colour match me to see which others I can add to my collection – I’m that happy with them!
- The eyeliner – I loved the eyeliner application in this look and how Jenny worked hard to make sure that the style suited my eye shape. It took a few times but I am ecstatic about the result. Jenny used a drawing pencil to create the shape which she then filled in with the painting liners in black and gold. Classic with a bit of welcome shine for dimension.
The Shu Uemura price drop at David Jones – here’s an overview for you:
cleansing oils 150ml were from $55 NOW from $36
painting liners were $55 NOW $35
false eyelashes were $52 NOW $35 – if you’re heading to a fashion show or event this week, I recommend stopping by after work to transition your eyelashes from work to SPECTACTULAR!
UV under base mousse was $54 NOW $49
and everyone’s favourite: the cult ‘eyelash curler’ was $40 NOW $29
See more of the looks that Shu Uemura created for David Jones: http://blog.davidjones.com.au/Beauty/2013/08/shumakeup#sthash.nu1XKxTg.dpuf