Gosh I can’t believe that it’s Friday already! Although it doesn’t mean what it used to; now that I’m freelance, the weekend still means work! This weekend I’m booked to photograph people for their LinkedIn profiles, transitioning a personal styling client’s wardrobe for winter (it’s finally here!) and teach at the Australian Writers’ Centre. I love it. What are you getting up to this weekend?
I’ll be reviving the BusinessChic newsletter soon so here is an example of the sorts of content that will be included. Please let me know what you think!
Make up artist Lisa Eldridge’s professional make-up tutorial
I love make-up and recently blogged about a class I did at the Shu Uemura counter at David Jones.
The internet is another brilliant resource for learning – especially because it allows me to replay things as I try out tricks on myself…! Celebrity make-up artist, Lisa Eldridge blogs her tips and tricks over on her YouTube channel and blog www.lisaeldridge.com
She made headlines in internet-land this week for not only re-creating the Alexa-Chung make-up look; she used her pull and the British celeb and fashionista into her studio and re-created the look on Alexa Chung’s own face. It is wonderful.
Before you watch that clip, I enjoyed Lisa’s tutorial where she creates a polished and professional make-up look that make use of colours and shimmers to help counteract the unflattering effects of fluorescent lighting commonly used in modern workplaces.
Bonus: Eldridge’s soothing British accent and dulcet tones are very relaxing to listen- appreciated when getting stressed trying to learn beauty tricks!
Shop Smart and Chic
- I published my first sponsored post for the year which allowed me to spend some time rounding up the stylish bargains smart shoppers could spend their savings on.
- Looking to brighten up your workwear? Remember that the Kish & Evie 30% discount code mentioned in my work-from-home-outfit post ends soon! Simply use the code ATREATFROMCHERYL www.kishandevie.com
- For your calendar, the Very Special Kids sale is on next Saturday 28 June, 9-3pm at the Malvern Town Hall (1251 High Street, Malvern, Corner of Glenferrie Road and High Street).
- On the independent boutique front:
- Swoon Boutique at 109 Auburn Road, Hawthorn are having a great sale at the moment – great for homewares, accessories and clothing but upcoming designers.
- And I’m so sad to hear after 18 years in business, one of the best independent boutiques in Melbourne’s CBD Alice Euphemia is closing!
I think it’s important to do further learning; whether in a creative endeavour that keeps me thinking outside of the box or trains me up so I can do this Life thing better. Last week I did a course with The School – my second one to date. The first class I did was calligraphy with the divine Maybelle Imasa-Stukuls. Last week’s course was different – a Small Business Makeover lead by the wonderfully-brained Robyn Holt that was no less brilliant. Seriously I could listen to Robyn for hours and the pennies that have been dropping for me since have given me a new-found focus. It’s like having a never-ending pack of Tim Tams but good for you. And don’t get me started on how nice it is to meet fellow classmates who are a seriously inspiring bunch of people – hello to you all!
Seen something business chic? Have a question for me? Write me directly, cheryl[at]businesschic[dot]com[dot]au Like this content? Share this post with your friends and subscribe to the BusinessChic newsletter here!